Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Essence of this faith is to SERVE:)

Yes, I am packed and ready to Go :)......... New Season walking solely to SERVE!


My reflections this morning as I prepare for take off :)

Direction & Purpose for Our Lives..........
There are days that I feel suffocated by the world, yet I should not be surprised, the whole Bible talks about the “world” and the “ways of man”. I hold tight to the promises that God provides to those who trust in HIM, specifically the hope of spending eternity in HIS presence. 
For now, I grab tight to HIS hand and navigate the “ways of man”. I witness, and was there myself at one time, many running around with no purpose, no direction, no obedience to any authority but their own and so many opinions with nothing to back them. I see sports stadiums packed across the world with people that know more about the players then the one who created them. It is such a ME, ME, ME world and most out for just their own happiness at the sake of anyone else. 
I am reminded......”A wise man will hear, and will increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel.” (Proverbs 1:5) Thus, it makes sense to me now, most are not looking to their creator for wise counsel. They may say they are, yet only formulate their own opinion on what they “think” God says versus going to HIS inspired truth for us. Lots of praying and opinion making going on and not much Bible Study and learning what God truly has to say. God warns us of this in HIS word, I am just seeing it for myself. 
I am truly beginning to understand the overwhelming grief that Jesus felt as He walked and taught the people. There is so much need in this world, yet most are passed aside because most are too busy to reach out and help others. Their lives are consumed with “Self”. 
At this point in my life, I hold tight to ALL of scripture, these versus are keeping me centered presently..........
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” (Proverbs 1:7) I have to make sure that I am getting my wisdom from God, through HIS inspired Word for us, and not from others. 
Purpose for my Life.......I am blessed with being born in the U.S. and have a roof over my head, food on the table, and more than enough clothes! My needs are met.......Thus, it is my role to help others meet their needs.
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." (Matthew 25:35-36) 
Created to be INTERDEPENDENT, Not Independent. We all need one another!
"But now, God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But there are many members, but one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you' or again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.'" 1 Corinthians 12:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment