Monday, March 6, 2017

Go "OUT" Impacted by LOVE



God never ceases to amaze me!! I love it when I have “AHA” moments and I begin to understand what God is doing in my life and the lives of others!!!

These two verses lay the foundation for my “AHA” moment :)

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them"
 Genesis 1:27
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future" 
Jeremiah 29:11

HE created us!
We are created FOR Him, For HIS Purposes!
HE knows HIS plans for us!
HE knows exactly HOW to transform us into HIS image!
HE knows what we are up against at birth. HE knows this is a fallen world and what we are born into!
WE are to Submit, Believe and TRUST in HIS WORD!

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. 
His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 
and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 
He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near”. 
Ephesians 2:14-17 (NIV)

Living in the "Bubble" of the Ship gives me a visual of God's Desire for the Whole World. I perceive Ship Life as...........


 "Life, as created by God, on Steroids"

I always refer to ship life as "LIFE on Steroids" because we enter into quick, intense relationships so quickly. All guards are down. It is very difficult to hide or wear a mask. We eat, sleep, play and work together. Typically, crew that have never spoke to you still know all about you. There is little room for "not being seen". 
We are blessed with meeting people from all over the world, which means many differing "perspectives" of life and ways of doing. This, I found is such a blessing. Without these perspectives; cultures, families and life can become very isolated and oppressed. Our worldviews can become so limited based solely on what we know from a little slice of life in our hometown. This, to me, is truly dangerous. 
We see faith, hope and intense LOVE in action. We witness miracles every day. Every patient comes with a story of faith, hope and healing. Their stories are often formed from lives of long-suffering, yet they had faith and hope that a time would come for healing. 
        The African worship on the ship is continuous. So many Africans are “spiritually rich”. They must rely on God for food for their table everyday. They SEE daily God’s answers to their prayers. Most live in community, helping one another. If food is left over, they share with the neighbors. I love this verse from scripture.......
Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?”
James 2:5





Thus, ship life opens and intensifies our worldview the moment we walk up the gangway :)

Enter Gangway.............Transformation Begins :)






































For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household
 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 
In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord”.
Ephesians 2:18-21








Bridgette went from scared little girl to confident bundle of joy!!




This way of life gives each of us a taste of "living life as one family"......We are all one family, each of us created in HIS image. 

HE sets us up to be TRANSFORMED in HIS IMAGE 
HE instructs us to SERVE.......When we SERVE, WE are TRANSFORMED! 
Yes, we serve to help others, but it turns out to be a “Win-Win” plan.....God is in the center and both sides are transformed!!

 Trust HIS commands.....
HE knows how and desires to form each of us in LOVE, GRACE, MERCY, FORGIVENESS, JOY, PEACE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULLNESS, GENTLENESS, AND SELF-CONTROL.

WE are to Follow HIM!!
Come, follow me...........” 
Matthew 4:19

For me, I discern and “hear” God calling me to Mercy Ships......saying “Come, follow me” 
......This is the mission, vision and Core Values of Mercy Ships......Come, Kathy, follow me and I will use this mission to create you in MY IMAGE :)



Mission Statement
Mercy Ships follows the 2000-year-old model of Jesus, bringing hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor.

Vision Statement
Mercy Ships uses hospital ships to transform individuals and serve nations, one at a time.

The Core Values Of Mercy Ships
Desiring to follow the model of Jesus, we seek to:
Love God
Love and serve others
Be people of integrity
Be people of excellence in all we say and do


For some that enter the ship, this specific transforming takes weeks, for others, years :).......it all depends on what God has planned for them.
Each seems to "know" when it is time to disembark and "Go Out"
In the midst of the transformation......there is LIFE, LIVING and God’s Hand in the midst of it all.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future" 
Jeremiah 29:11



Back to the BUBBLE :)...........We are all "ONE". One, big family, all here for the same purpose......Some come knowing that God is molding them, some come to serve, and some come for the adventure......BUT God brings them all for the same purpose..........To MOLD them into HIS IMAGE :)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”.
Ephesians 2:10

I end this “AHA” moment with Psalm 51 knowing this is the work that HE is doing in me and everyone else that walks up the gangway. This includes crew, patients, families, visitors, TV reporters, Dignitaries, vision teams, first ladies, and all nationalities :)



Psalm 51

Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
    blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
    and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
    and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
    and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
    and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
    sinful from the time my mother conceived me. 
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
    you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
    let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins
    and blot out all my iniquity.
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    so that sinners will turn back to you.
Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
    you who are God my Savior,
    and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
Open my lips, Lord,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
    you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.
May it please you to prosper Zion,
    to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
    in burnt offerings offered whole;
    then bulls will be offered on your altar.



ALL CALLED BY GOD TO ENTER THIS BIG WHITE SHIP...........:)
Enjoy the pictures of HIS Work in us :)
































No comments:

Post a Comment